Saturday, September 24, 2011

CCP009-The Night Never Really Ended





It's nights like these that I live for and it's mornings like this that I never want to live inside. I try for the life of me to grasp at something that isn't in a fog. Your words offer a glimpse of hope in this hazy lazy morning. I can't for the life of me focus on one thing but your words brought my attention to a sharp point. Once it was done the haze descended once again. My eyes feel heavy, my face heavier than usual. The night never really ended, we wouldn't let it.

Smoked a thousand cigarettes and watched a grown man unravel. Watched a grown man grapple at the lost pieces of his life while grinning like a child trying to pretend that he is on the right path. I heard they named a hot dog after him at the corner of Ventura and Beverly Glen. Right across from the Cadillac dealership that you grew up with as a child and followed you around the rest of your life in the form of an iconic music video. This building reminds you of the 50s and your childhood at the same time. I am listening to 50s music and driving down the boulevard trying to meet up with you to get some clarity in this lazy hazy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment