Tuesday, October 11, 2011

CCP014-The Current Goes Back and Forth




Stepping out of the elevator we immediately came upon a sea of white trash. Wading our way through with almost brass knuckles and dead eye stares. We watched the board for the right time and we didn’t find anything. Wading through the sea again we ducked down an alleyway. The light bouncing off the grays and whites. A man in the corner eyes us suspiciously while he smokes a cigarette illegally. His eyes switch from you to me and back again. He can see we are connected in a way he has never seen and the communication is full and complete. The conversation never ceases and never bores. Sleeping next to you is always a better option than not sleeping next to you. The rest is peaceful. The rest is short. I splash water on my face before I go to bed and watch the water drip off the tip of my nose into the sink. Some say the water spirals the wrong way down the sink but I have to disagree. The water’s just fine. I think about nothing as I fall to sleep and my mind is alive with everything I suppressed the night before. I wake up fresh and know that I want to lounge out on a couch and turn up Rocket 88 until the windows blow out. I can sit with you for hours. The words wafting up into the ceiling fan getting spread around to every corner. My voice carries and you tell me we might get into trouble, but we really don’t care. It’s only a formality. I have plugged into your psyche and the current goes both ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment